Hugh Symons is an organisation with a strong commitment to promoting social responsibility and social value. We strive for continuous improvement in every area of our business including being a good and fair employer, acting ethically and operating as far as possible in a sustainable and environmentally responsible manner.
Hugh Symons provides employment and training opportunities for people at its scanning facilities in the south and north of England. We work with local recruitment suppliers to bring high quality employees into our organisation and have excellent staff retention rates.
We are committed to providing a secure, safe and happy working environment for our employees. Comprehensive HR procedures and training ensure compliance with all legislation and standards, including equality and diversity policies, additional learning and training opportunities, and family friendly policies to accommodate flexible working where possible.
Hugh Symons recognises the value of its people to the organisation and promotes a supportive and motivational culture, with opportunities for development and staff welfare at the heart of what we do.
Hugh Symons takes its environmental responsibilities very seriously and we have numerous processes and policies in place to minimise our impact on the environment:
- Accreditation to ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems) underpins our business processes
- Solar panels generate 70% of the energy we consume
- 99.9% of scanned documents are securely shredded and recycled into packaging and tissue paper
- Route planning for our low emission vehicles is based on being as efficient as possible to minimise time on the road
- A ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ approach helps us minimise waste and energy use
- We have reduced single use plastic throughout the organisation
- Cycling to work and car sharing is encouraged for staff
- Recharging points have been installed on site to support staff moving to electric vehicles or for visitors to use when they come to our premises
Hugh Symons contributes a percentage of its net profit to charitable donations on an annual basis and will aim to do so in the future where commercially sustainable.